Where the hell has this year gone? How can it be Halloween already? Not that I’m complaining though because Halloween means Christmas is coming!!
But before I get too excited over Christmas, here’s the ‘Halloween’ tag. Enjoy!
1. Favourite horror or Halloween-themed song?
I’m gonna have to say Rihanna’s Disturbia. Everyone will probably answer this as ‘Thriller’ or ‘Time Warp’ but nah, Disturbia all the way.
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
Nope. I’ve always wanted to but I think I’ve seen too many horror movies to actually go through with it. I’m such a wuss when it comes to things like that.
4. Favourite horror monster or villain?
Cruella De Vil. Does that count?
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
I’ve had an iPod docking station pushed onto me while I was asleep and I ended up waking up with blood pouring (no exaggeration) out of a cut on my eyebrow. And it couldn’t have been anything else but something pushing it off the shelf so I’m adamant I’m haunted.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
My dad’s house is haunted so I used to do it every night without being dared.
7. Are you superstitious?
Not really. I don’t believe that the number 13 is unlucky. I don’t believe that walking under a ladder is unlucky. But then again, whenever I see a penny in the street, I do pick it up for luck. And God forbid I break a mirror.
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
Yes! I constantly freak myself out by convincing myself that I’ve seen something out of the corner of my eye. Walking home alone at night, I’m always seeing shadows. I’m my own worst enemy.
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
Anything to do with clowns or creepy dolls. Nope. Nope. Not today Satan.
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Thrillers. I can’t stand the sight of blood at all – which is funny because I did want to be a doctor before I decided to go down the law route. I much prefer psychological thrillers, those films that make you proper think about things and mess with your mind. If a horror movie doesn’t scare me shitless after I’ve turned it off, it’s rubbish.
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
I’d like to think that somewhere out there is a different version of me who is filthy rich.
12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
When I was about five, my best friends, Paige, Rebecca and Francesca, used to come over to my house after school and I can just remember we used to mess around in the bathroom and created ‘potions’ and ‘perfumes’ using various bathroom things. We always used to chuck in that Matey bubble bath.. you know, the bottles that were like people, and then a spritz of body glitter that I used to use every school disco. I can’t really remember if we actually made any nice smelling ones but it was fun nevertheless.
13. Do you get scared easily?
Yes. Yes. YES. I scare myself over absolutely everything. I can’t look out of the window after about 4.30pm during winter because it gets too dark and I just imagine some face popping up and staring right back out at me. Whenever I’m walking alone, I convince myself that someone is following me. I can never have a bed that is just a frame with space below as I just think someone is hiding under there waiting to kill me. I’m such a weirdo but I’m scared so easily.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
Is Bloody Mary that one where you say it three times in front of the mirror? I haven’t done Bloody Mary but I’ve done Candyman. In primary school, we just used to tell each other ghost stories whenever we were doing group work (our teacher in that year was so laid-back so we got away with murder – or at least telling each other stories of murder). And one Art lesson, this boy told us the Candyman story so obviously a group of us went to the school bathroom at playtime and tried it. It didn’t work. Only thing that happened was I was awake all night, scared to sleep in case the Candyman got me. I guess it must have been around the time Shrek 2 was released as I imagined the Candyman as an evil version of Gingy.
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
I have two brothers so yes.
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Cry and call my mum.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
I think some people think One Direction’s This Is Us is a scary movie so I choose that one.
18. If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
Well, since this Halloween I was planning to just stay in my Nemo onesie and watch horror movies, I’ll be Nemo for the rest of my life.
19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
Probably a hammer. It’s the only thing I have in the house that could be quite destructive. It was either that or a bread knife but my bread knife is rose gold and I’d celebrate the apocalypse being over with some toast so I’d need the bread knife.
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
Halloween party. Although, I can’t wait to have my own little family to go trick or treating with. We’d do a Patrick Neil Harris and have a family halloween theme each year.
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
I’d be the first to die. Unless it was the end of the month and I’d been at work (working in the financial/legal sector at the end of the month is a nightmare), then I’d be the killer.
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
Yeah. My plan for tonight is to watch scary movies until about 9pm then fall asleep watching Big Bang Theory.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
Eyes covered the whole time. I can remember, when I was 14, me and some friends sneaked into the cinema to watch ‘The Unborn’. I spent half the movie behind my jacket and the other half looking at my friends’ faces until I knew it was safe to watch the screen.
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
Both. I get scared so easily but I also love to scare people. I’ll be that person who hides in a wardrobe for two hours just so I can jump out on someone and scare them for a few seconds.
26. Favorite scary book?
I used to think my Contract Law textbook at university was pretty scary.
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
9 I think. I went to one of my friend’s birthday sleepovers and we all watched ‘The Village’. We didn’t sleep for about a week.
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
A witch. I always used to be a witch at Halloween. I was pretty obsessed with Harry Potter from seven years old so every Halloween after 2001 was spent as Hermione Granger. And before 2001, I was Mildred from The Worst Witch.
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
30. If you could have a spooky halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
Owl. It’s my mum’s favourite animal and Snowy Owls are so cute!
So Happy Halloween guys! Hope it’s full of lots of tricks and, more importantly, lots of treats. Why don’t you have a go at the ‘Halloween’ tag and post the URLs below so I can see your answers too?!